04.Dec.2014 Definitely Do NOT Hire These Coaches
1. Jack Del Rio — classic value trap. NFL success and a big name make him alluring, but you do not want to get involved with a father-son relationship when we don’t know if the son can play. Luke Del Rio has looked awful in limited time. With Jack there, he likely wins the job. We don’t want another incestuous relationship.
2. Brady Hoke — Basically the guy is Riley reincarnated. Look at his record and temperament. He just finished ruining a prestigious Michigan program. Also, would anyone be excited?
3. Ed Orgeron — 3-21 conference record. Horrible coach. I don’t care if he can recruit.
4. June Jones — this can’t even be serious…?
5. Dennis Erickson — ^ see above.
We need an exciting hire. This doesn’t necessarily mean a young guy. Bronco Mendenhall, for example, is older and would bring excitement. But these guys would not. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
If people don’t believe me, was I right on Riley? Yes I was. I would be right on these guys, too. Very disappointed with some of the names gaining steam.