28.Mar.2011 Spring Practice Begins Today
I doubt anyone forgot, but just an FYI for the cursory fan: spring practice begins today.
Practices will be Monday-Wednesday-Friday for the next four weeks, culminating with the spring game on April 30th (12:15 PT).
This post will be a place to discuss anything related to football for the week.
I'll be keeping a close eye on these areas:
- Cody Vaz and Sean Mannion's progress (Katz is out, last I heard)
- The running back battle
- Young athletes making a push to supplant the (walk-on) incumbents on the OL
- Further position shifts, specifically on the aforementioned and malingered offensive line
- The LB corp–keep an eye on Unga making a push at MLB. But also, is Doctor for real (fast but undersized), or will Akuna or the BYU transfer overtake him?
- Cornerback depth. Reynolds needs to step up and become the nickle.
- Our new kicker…very excited to see what he can do, I expect great things from Romaine
I think these are all potential weaknesses or at best question marks that warrant a keen and critical eye upon them.
Lastly, those of you attending the practices, provide first-hand information of what you're seeing, especially at key positions such as RB and OL. I'll be scouring the net for information, but direct observation always adds great value. If you want to remain anonymous, email me with your information (my address is on the contact page), and I'll bring it to print.
Sit back and enjoy, boys. The corrupt world of college football is upon us.