22.Aug.2011 Fall Camp (week 3)
In order to feel optimistic about the season, I need to start seeing our best players/starters getting reps. I understand we can beat Sacramento State with our reserves, but we can't beat Wisconsin with rusty starters. Sac State is an important tune-up game. We don't want guys taking the field for their first time this season at Camp Randall.
The injury bug is leading to a mindset, in both the media and fan forums, that the real season begins September 24th against UCLA. I understand why people are thinking this way, but it is disheartening to see people adjusting expectations before the season even starts.
Anyway, there's not a lot to complain about right now. Some things irking me:
- Sean Mannion's move up the depth chart. (Not a Mannion fan, sorry).
- Reuben Robinson being talked up. (It only exacerbates the problem).
- Media only highlights players' (e.g. Gwachum) positives and ignores their negatives (e.g. drops).
- Sac St. game still isn't on TV.
- Andrew Seumalo listed as a possible starting DT.
- Darrell Catchings is still in the picture.
- Sean Martin at nickle (he is too slow, groom someone better).
- Our never-ending bad luck (injuries), and Oregon's omnipresent good fortune (LSU incident).