05.Dec.2014 Boycott The Oregonian
I ask all my readers to boycott the Oregonian for their anti-Beaver/Corvallis bias.
There are two ways to do this:
1. Cancel your physical subscription.
2. Block all data mining and ad revenue sources from the online site. I will tell you how to do that after I mention some things going down.
For example, This article from Ken Goe seems to be purposely poisoning the well. Goe doesn’t like the dissenters who called for Riley’s head. Clearly the Oregonian (especially Lindsay Schnell) liked Riley more than the University. All of them now ganging up on OSU. Schnell called Corvallis a cow town, said “everyone looks the same” (i.e. reverse racism), etc. John Canzano told me OSU can’t compete with Oregon because of revenue (115mil vs 65mil). I pointed out Texas brought in 165mil to Oregon’s 115mil and wasn’t even ranked. That GaTech brought in 41mil and will finish a top 10 team. That it was about coaching and efficiency, not just money. He ignored it. He makes excuses. It’s all about excuses over there, and now they’re purposely poisoning the well.
How to block the Oregonian’s online ad revenue:
1. Download the firefox browser.
2. Install “Better Privacy” Add-on
3. Install “Adblock Plus” Add-on
4. Install “Ghostery” add-on
5. If you’re an advanced user, consider using Hostman to block ad-servers.
6. DO NOT visit the website. Find another source for your news. There are millions of websites. If these people are going to talk about OSU like it’s a shit job and Corvallis as if it’s a shit town, then we should not and will not support them.
We ran Riley out of town. We can shut these guys down, too, or at least get half the staff laid off as they lose half their readership (i.e. all Beaver fans). Let’s see if they can survive with just Duck fans reading the site.