15.Sep.2009 PAC-10: Grading Week 2
1. USC–Their performance at the Horseshoe wasn’t dominant, but it was a win versus a ranked opponent in a hostile environment. No other Pac-10 team can stake that claim.
2. Cal–Another bad opponent, another easy win. They do look solid on both offense and defense. This weekend’s trip to Minnesota should be a better barometer.
3. UCLA–Road win vs a quality opponent. The defense looks like top 10 material. The offense on the other hand…
4. Oregon State–Road win vs a low/mid non-BCS team. Not much, but it’s better than anything the 6 teams below them can boast.
5. Arizona–The Wildcats are making a little noise versus inferior opponents. My curiosity should be quelled this weekend at Iowa.
6. Washington–The offense was impressive vs Idaho. The defense gave up a lot of yards to…Idaho.
7. Stanford–Gutty performance on the road that came up short.
8. Oregon–Barely scrape by at home versus a bottom tier Big 10 school. Ouch.
9. Washington State–Should we dub them “turnover U”?
10. Arizona State–Bye