29.Sep.2009 Oregon State @ Arizona State
What do I know about Arizona State? Nada. Not one of their games has been broadcast here in Santa Barbara. Haven’t seen a single play, not even on Sportscenter. Everything I know about the Sun Devils is from hearsay. With that being said…
1. They played Georgia close on the road.
2. They beat up on two bad football teams.
3. In spring ball they were talking about using a lot of 5wr sets–also known as #28 will get torched for a minimum of two scores.
4. They have the highest ranked defense in the PAC-10, but again, that data is likely skewed due to the weak competition.
5. Supposedly their QB isn’t very good, but the Beavers make every QB look All-American.
Given all of the above, and considering the game is at Tempe, we should lose. But, I tell you what–we need to win a game that we’re expected to lose in order to make up for last weeks debacle. That’s the only way to get back in this. Given the Beavers haven’t won a game at Tempe in 40 years, this is definitely a game they’re expected to lose. The good news for the Beavers is that my last two predictions have been wrong. And this week I’m predicting a loss. So, if they lose, Angry is a genius; if they win, Angry is an ecstatic idiot. It’s like a rook/queen fork in chess–I simply can’t lose.
31-17 Sun Devils