03.Feb.2012 Describe Oregon State with One Word
I thought this would be a fun game on a quiet day.
If someone asked you to describe Oregon State with one word, what would it be?
My word would be: "Slow"
I can give countless examples:
- Reaction to Heyward leaving
- Hiring new coaches
- Firing ineffective coaches
- Smaller things, like Riley slow to call timeouts, never running a no huddle, etc
- Slow players, such as Keith Pankey
- Slow to adapt to modern recruiting
- Slow to embrace a new image
- Etc. It goes on and on…I can think of a dozen more examples.
Oregon State is just…slow. They should probably consider changing their mascot from a beaver to a sloth. Just saying. Interesting how "fast" is the first word that comes to mind when I think of the Ducks.
On a positive and unrelated note, OSU did get some well-deserved recognition today, bringing in the #5 class at both offensive line and tight end. I agree with Rivals assessment. http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1327327
Back to the topic at hand: I'm giving you one word to describe OSU. What would it be?