26.Sep.2011 Post UCLA General Discussion
Thanks for biting your tongue and not bombarding the petition with random, off-topic comments. Feel free to let it all out now.
Some thoughts I've been having:
- It's difficult to remain interested in NCAA football. (Specifically the Beavers (duh)).
- Feel like the Beavers are Microsoft, and the Ducks are Apple. Maybe not completely accurate since Microsoft had a good run. Beavs are Linux, Ducks are Apple? That's probably more accurate.
- Every time I try to be positive and think about improved recruiting, etc, it's tempered by this qualifier: the same staff will be coaching them.
- Mike Riley had a really bad press conference. He basically blamed Sean Mannion. He also looked completely befuddled and shot. He should retire.
- People keep mentioning Riley as the next AD. Do we really want his mindset at the top?
- ASU has looked damn good this year. 0-4 is a given.
- It's hard to look at the schedule and find a win, but you know the Beavers will improve as the season progresses and someone will overlook them. I'm now thinking 2 to 3 wins. Adjusted down from 7 (what the hell was I thinking???).
- I watched a lot of college football this weekend, and it just seems like everyone else makes the game look effortless. Beavs, even when they were "good", always looked on their heels and different than other teams. Something is just off.
- Cliff Kirkpatrick is blowing Riley. That's the only explanation for his delusion.
- Beaver fans aren't afraid to lose Riley; they're afraid we'll get a worse coach. I don't fear that. Should I? Can't the new coach be fired if he sucks? Isn't a shot at greatness worth the risk?
That's about it. If I can muster up a care in the world I'll do a writeup for the ASU game later in the week. Other hobbies are sounding better, though.