25.Oct.2011 Post WSU General Discussion
Sorry, guys. I've been extremely busy with personal stuff, and not much time to blog or follow the Beavs right now.
Anyway, the last comment area had 400 posts, so it's time for a new post. Use this for anything you'd like. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll have more time to write down some concrete thoughts and reason through them.
Off the top of my head:
- Utah gives the Beavs a great opportunity to take two steps forward. Want to at least go into the Stanford game feeling good.
- The Beavs can still, technically, win the North (ha ha) and make a bowl game (ha ha).
- Stanford and Oregon are most likely the fans bowl games this year.
- The defensive ends contained Tuel…that was nice to see. They played with passion.
- Anthony Watkins needs to be called out. The guy is a terrible safety. I'd like to see more Murphy. Reynolds has also been poor, but he has potential and made a nice INT.
- I'm tired of the PI rules…watching the NCAA and NFL this past weekend, a DB can't breath on a WR. On that same note but slightly off topic, what is with the NFL kickoffs? That rule has destroyed the most exciting play in the game and turned pro ball into the Arena League.
- Sean Mannion has "it"…I think "it" is poise, or courage under pressure. He'd make a great Ernest Hemingway character ala Robert Jordan. The literary folks out there might get the reference.
- I haven't read any post game notes or listened to Riley's interviews, so I can't praise or criticize. I do know that the play calling was fantastic, and since I criticize when it is horrible, it would be unfair not to acknowledge that. Did the media ever ask if Riley was involved in play calling? That did not have the hallmarks of a Langsdork game…I think he received an assist.
Have at it. I'll try to scout Utah and get something written up, but like I noted above, life has gotten in the way of football for now.