30.Jan.2011 Site Redesign
Apologies that the site was down all day. The blog needed some major work. We now have these features that were sorely lacking:
1. Users can edit their own comments.
2. Users can delete their own comments.
3. There is now a clear log-in/log-out/register area.
4. Overall the site has better functionality…it's easier to navigate and find your dashboard, forums, chat, search, etc.
5. You can now give a "Thumbs up" to comments that you like.
6. Built in spell check.
7. Archived older posts instead of relying on the cumbersome calendar.
I spent 14hrs today hacking apart code, and while I finished 99% of the tasks on my list, I am more annoyed about the one I didn't. I wanted to make the site a "fluid" or "relative" width, meaning it would expand depending upon the user's screen resolution. I tinkered with it, but ultimately quit for two reasons: don't have any large monitors to try it out on…and my corneas are shot.
So, if you own a large monitor (1600+ resolution) let me know how it looks. If you're willing to do some resolution testing shoot me a note. If you're a web designer and want to code the resolution yourself, check out the "Jobs" section. We're hiring!