31.Jan.2011 Recruiting Roundtable
We're in the dead period until Wednesday, which means coaches can't make contact. The kids will have time to ponder their future, which is why we're starting to see decisions trickle in.
1. Akeem Gonzales to the Beavs.
2. Rudolph Fifita (0-star DE) is our J.C. defensive tackle in this class.
3. Earl Foster reaffirmed his commitment to Houston last night.
4. Darryl Paulo has decided on Washington State.
5. Juda Parker is Colorado unless there's a last minute change of mind.
6. Vivii Teofilo wants to sign with Oregon State, but his family has pressured him into an ASU commitment.
7. Kyrie Wilson was dropped by Oregon. He's a darkhorse to sign.
8. Samson Kaleikin, a offensive lineman from Hawaii, is in the mix. I think the Beavs will offer him once they officially strike out with better prospects. I think he'll sign after the Wednesday deadline.
#4 probably means Lopa accepts his greyshirt offer to Cal, so cross him off the board for now.
All of this can change in the next two days, but as of today it's looking like we sign the status quo, and strike out with the entire foursome from Grant. People keep assuming Rahmel Dockery is a lock. At one point he seemed to have high interest, but if true, what is he waiting for–a Washington offer? Do we really want someone so obsessed with the Huskies? I find it off-putting and sad. He has grade issues anyhow.
So who do we have to cling and hope to this year? First, there there is Davon Moreland. Some "in the know" insist he'll be a Beaver, but Moreland hasn't spoken a single word about Oregon State. He has academic issues, so at best would be a greyshirt, and more likely would be a sign & stash at a Junior College. That leaves Todd Peat Jr as the lone big fish to accept every egg from our basket of hope. How do you like that mixed metaphor? No doubt in my mind he'll wear an orange shirt on signing day; an orange shirt WITH A PITCHFORK ON IT.