05.Oct.2009 Ranking the PAC-10: Week 5
1. USC–Trounced Cal in Berkeley and ended Jahvid Best’s Heisman run…it was the most impressive win in the PAC-10 this weekend.
2. Oregon–When you’re athletically superior, you should keep pedal to the metal and pillage teams like Washington State. The Ducks did just that and right now look like the best team in conference.
3. Stanford–The Tree keeps on rolling. UCLA has a legit defense, and Craft is better this year, making the win a nice one.
4. Oregon State–Arizona State is poised to finish in the bottom third of the division, but their defense played stout versus Georgia and the Beavers ran roughshod over them. Solid if not spectacular effort and something to build on.
5. Washington–The loses continue…moral victory versus the dreaded Golden Domers, who will now be ranked in the top 10. Danke, Dawgs.
6. UCLA–As noted, the defense looks legit. But when the offense takes the field, it looks like 11 septuagenarians in gold tights playing hot potato.
7. Arizona State–put up 400 yards of offense on the Beavs and still lost by 11. This team is strange. They’ll be pests when they show up and push overs when they don’t.
8. California–Ha ha, Tedford. Seriously, though, I’ve seen enough of a pattern to crown these clowns the lemmings of the Pac-10. That is, “Let’s party like it’s 1999 and then walk off a cliff.”
9. Washington State–So glad I don’t write a Cougar blog. Life would be doubly cynical, and I’d have carpel tunnel to boot.