25.Jan.2010 Recruiting Roundtable
Alright, this is what I’ve gathered over the past couple days from every media source possible, reading between the lines, and one semi-decent source on campus.
1. Akuna is a Beaver–85%…I’ve heard “silent verbal” since his visit and everything he’s said has hinted the Beavers are the team to beat.
2. Gio will be a Beaver–51%. Riley’s in home tonight, meeting the parents again, talking Haiti, reminiscing about Yev…it should be enough to close the deal. Then again, it’s pretty much as far as you can travel without leaving the country…
3. Owa–Owa eliminated Oregon tonight. I gotta say, this kid seems like dust in the wind; I guess he commits wherever he happens to be when the breeze subsides?
4. Christian Thomas–Interesting that he canceled his Miami trip. I like this kid; he’s a character…from his comments about the chef to admitting to liking the weather in Oregon. We aren’t a lock, but we’re up there. USC is going to make a late push and we rarely win that battle, so I’m saying 40% on this one.
5. Taula–Arizona holds a soft commit, but since he’s been taking officials and taking them seriously, most acknowledge his word was given simply to secure a scholarship. It’s clearly between Udub, Arizona, and OSU…and I’d put them in that order. The Beavers had his interest early, but lost momentum when others offered and have not been able to regain it. Right now he’s a silent commit to Udub, even though he’s still listed as an Arizona commit. The Beavs chances are under 10%. Washington 65%, Zona the remainder.
Let’s admit it, these are the only 5 recruits we care about at this point. Others are topical, though, so discuss whomever you’d like.